Science is on the verge of making a paradigm shift in the treatment of MS.
“A common athlete’s foot cream . . . could cure multiple sclerosis, scientists believe,” The Telegraph reported on April 20, 2015.
U.S. researchers from Case Western Reserve University stated in the journal Nature, “This truly represents a paradigm shift in how we think about restoring function to multiple sclerosis patients.” They found the antifungal cream miconazole instructs stems cells in the brain to repair nerve damage of those with MS.
Science is almost smack-dab in alignment with what I’ve been saying for over 17 years. The reason the antifungal drug miconazole works is because it kills off candida (yeast) overgrowth and fungus. When you get rid of fungus in the body, you allow your immune system to function properly, which heals the body.
Addressing the epidemic of candida/fungus will help anyone with an autoimmune disease. Someone you know has MS. The current statistics are not accurate…way too low. The best piece of advice you can give someone with MS is to get a copy of the book Healing Multiple Sclerosis. The book addresses the root causes and solutions of how to beat MS along with how to incorporate a self-help program. Education equals empowerment. Better choices make healthier bodies.
It is time for a paradigm shift…away from immunosuppressant MS drugs. Antifungal drugs such as diflucan (a small amount to address systemic yeast), followed by prolonged usage of nystatin tablets or antifungal herbs/supplements in conjunction with a candida diet, are the solutions that I have found over my many years of practice help those with MS.
The Candida Cure Cookbook is coming in March 2016! Get ready for delicious, easy-to-make candida diet recipes.
The Business of Disease is a documentary that I am featured in. Visit the website to view screenings dates/locations. I will keep you informed on release dates for the DVD.
I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. I have been reflecting on how people gear up to make New Year’s resolutions, which quickly vanish. The way to change patterns and thoughts that are keeping you stuck, unhealthy, or afraid is by asking yourself questions to root-out beliefs that no longer serve you. The way to change your reality is to change what you believe. Simple concept, yet grossly overlooked.
What Are Beliefs?:
Convictions and opinions. Confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof. A mental representation of a sentient being’s attitude toward the likelihood or truth of something.
What Beliefs Are Not:
Laws written in stone. They are mutable and changeable any time you desire.
What Action Steps Can I Take?
Make some quiet time for yourself. Get a pad to write on or use a recording device on your iPad or mobile phone. Think about one or two main areas of your life that you feel blocked, scared, or angry about.
Example: What Do I Believe about Healing Myself?
Step One – Break It Down:
- Do I believe I can heal myself from a disease?
- Do I believe I am not good enough to be healthy?
- Do I believe there is not a way to change my thoughts to support me getting well?
- Do I believe I have the courage and tenacity to heal?
- Do I believe the verdict of what my doctors, science, and society say about my condition?
Step Two – How do These Beliefs Currently Impact my Life?
1. Do my present beliefs make me happy? If not, how are they contributing to my unhappiness?
2. Do these beliefs ring true to me at this time? If not, why not?
3. Do these beliefs keep me inflexible? If so, in what way?
4. Are these beliefs hand-me-downs that I received from someone else when I didn’t consciously realize I had the power to choose my own beliefs (for example, when I was a child)? If so, from whom did they come?
5. Do these beliefs benefit my life, others’ lives, and my world as a whole? If not, in what way are they detrimental?
Step Three – Create New Beliefs:
On a separate piece of paper, write out your new beliefs about yourself. Suggested replacements: “I now choose to believe that I have the power, tenacity, and courage to regenerate my body. I believe my body is intelligent and knows exactly how to heal. I honor, trust, and allow my body to be whole and balanced. I feel safe and supported in my body.”
Step Four – Making Your Beliefs a Reality:
Affirm your new beliefs every day with conviction and emotion by speaking out loud and visualization. Think and act as if these new beliefs currently exist in your life. As the saying goes, “fake it until you make it.” Tenacity and consistency makes your new beliefs a reality.
You can intellectually grasp how to change a belief in a few seconds, but really integrating and feeling it deeply takes time. It’s important to keep a new belief in your consciousness and to uphold it each day. Catch, accept, and replace negative thoughts that are attached to your old beliefs. You have a spiritual, emotional, and physical body. You need to assist each of these areas when changing a deep-root belief. It is not enough to verbally affirm your new belief of being whole and balanced while continuing to eat unhealthy foods. Honor yourself on all levels. This takes perseverance, patience, and courage because you are changing fundamental ways that you’ve operated for many years. You may even find that you need to let go of unhealthy environments and relationships to live out your new beliefs.
As you move through each day, the key is to know you are in the driver’s seat and have free will to change your reality.
Happy Fall! There is a lot of scare in the public right now as the Ebola virus is spreading. As we know through history viruses can have a grave impact on the population as seen with influenza and HIV.
How to Protect Yourself and Your Family
The most effective tool in combating a virus is to use the body itself by strengthening the immune system. The key is to strengthen and nourish the body with good nutrition so it can address the virus itself. Obviously once a serious virus has taken hold emergency medical means are necessary that would include IV fluids and possibly antibiotics as secondary infections can arise. I would also suggest IV Vitamin C.
Ways to Boost Immunity and Tackle a Virus
- Healthy Diet – make sure your daily diet is filled with organic heavy dark green vegetables, such as kale, spinach, chard, broccoli, arugula, and watercress. Fruits such as papaya, mango, banana, and large goose berries are beneficial. Limit fruit to one piece a day to avoid excess sugar intake. Integrate culinary herbs, such as basil, cilantro, oregano, parsley, and thyme. Use and cook with ginger, turmeric, onions, and garlic. Organic sprouts such as sunflower, radish, and onion are very beneficial. Stay away from alfalfa sprouts as they are more prone to bacterial problems. Avoid or eat very little red meat, alcohol, sugars, and dairy. Try to avoid tubers/root vegetables and peas because of higher carbohydrate content.
- Keep Candida (Yeast/Fungus) Levels in Balance – yeast and fungus are a banquet for viruses. Candida overgrowth and its toxins weaken an immune system allowing viruses to take over. Implement antifungals and probiotics as ways to keep the gastrointestinal tract and body in balance.
- Use Hand Sanitizers After Touching Plastic – plastic is a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers, not ones with triclosan after pumping fuel at a gas station, pushing a shopping cart, going to the ATM, etc.
- Exercise – exercising on a regular basis keeps the blood and lymphatic system working optimally to move out toxins and inflammation. Fast walking, yoga, swimming, or even marching in place watching your favorite tv show for 15 minutes is sufficient.
- Breathing – take at least 10 deep breaths each hour to maintain a healthy immune system. Do not sit longer than one hour without one minute of pacing and breathing.
- Hydration – drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of purified water each day. A bad habit that people do because of heavy workloads is wait too long to void the bladder. This only helps poison the body. Give yourself permission to go to the bathroom, and always be sure that you are completely finished. Don’t get in a hurry and shut the valve off too soon.
- Meditation – stilling the “monkey mind” as I call it helps strengthen immunity. Quieting the mind greatly reduces stress and offsets imbalances with the endocrine system. The more the adrenal glands are taxed, the more cortisol is released into the body. Chronic cortisol levels weaken the immune system. Mediation can be accomplished in a few ways; sitting for 10-20 minutes when arising; taking a walk and focusing on a silent mantra; chanting; or putting your mental focus into a hobby that you love.
- Supplementation & Teas – take in higher amounts of Vitamin C, lysine, zinc, and Vitamin D3 to enhance immunity and tackle viruses. Drink therapeutic teas such as pau d’arco, red clover, chamomile, and Essiac. Have a bottle of colloidal silver around and use it prophylatically or when a virus has taken hold. It has effective antimicrobial properties along with herbs such as olive leaf, astragalus, echinacea, and goldenseal.
- Earthing or Grounding – An excellent way to reduce stress, which strengthens your immune system is to connect with the Earth’s natural surface. Make it a habit to walk barefoot on the grass for one minute; lay on a blanket in your backyard lawn or park; or put your ventral surface of the body against a tree and hug it for one minute. These simple exercises sound silly, but feel your stress and tension melt away.
- Positive Thinking – there is no denial that viruses, bacteria, fungus and parasites can do harm. The main thing is to take care of your body by nourishing it with healthy foods and positive thoughts. Do not saturate yourself with all the media hype that has made a “Fad of Fear,” in the United States. Consistent fearful thoughts weakens your immune system.
I’m excited to announce the premiere of the documentary I am featured in called The Business of Disease. There will be a free screening on Saturday, November 15th at 10:30 a.m., at the Laemmle theaters in North Hollywood, California. Q & A and book signings will follow after the film. Please reserve a seat by emailing the producer, Sonia Barrett at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Everyone. Sorry it’s been a while since my last newsletter and blog post. Things have been exciting but busy on my end as I have several new projects in the works.
I am glad to announce that I will be switching formats to a video newsletter and the first edition will be coming soon.
Autoimmune Support Group:
Elizabeth Layne, one of my clients who has successfully put MS and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis into remission, is now running an autoimmune support group called “No Plan B.” The meetings take place the last Saturday of each month in Culver City, California.
I will be attending and speaking at the June 28th meeting.
To find out more and to RSVP email Elizabeth at email@example.com or call 310-430-5432.
Radio Show Interview:
Listen to my most recent radio show interview on Extreme Health Radio. Click on the link:
I am so excited to share with all of you the changes and new projects occurring. My intention is to keep you educated and empowered to live out a vibrant healthy life!
First, check out my new and improved website. What’s new about it…it has a entire new look and feel with much more to read, watch, listen, and learn.
Go to: www.annboroch.com
Second, please join me on social media. You will find me actively posting on a new Facebook Page, Twitter, Google+, my own YouTube channel (videos coming soon), and Pinterest.
I am going to devote more time to keep you informed on how to get and stay healthy, what causes are worth supporting, other businesses and practitioners who are doing amazing work, and some fun personal posts along the way.
Please go to my new Facebook page and LIKE me. I won’t be posting much on my current Facebook personal (profile) page.
New Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AnnBorochNaturopath
Third, The Candida Cure Cookbook is halfway finished. If anyone would like to contribute a great candida recipe for the book please do so by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will keep you posted with the progress of the book through social media. Look forward to sneak peak pictures and free recipes.
Fourth, Alchemy Foods, LLC is in motion. Chef, Alison Charbonneau and I have created a food line that will feature great tasting candida diet foods: protein bars, crackers, granola, salad dressings, breads, desserts, and more. We are in the beginning stages…stay tuned.
I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Time now to raise the bar and create a healthier balanced life. With all the changes in Obamacare, you can’t afford to get sick. Prevention and education is the key to be able to take your health into your own hands.
What Can I Do To Increase Wellness?
- Dietary Changes – work towards eliminating the top inflammatory foods and drinks listed below as much as possible. Better yet do my 90-day program in the book, The Candida Cure.
- Quality Sleep – get six to eight hours of quality sleep each night. Your body makes physiological repairs from 10 p.m. – 2 a.m. and psychological repairs from 2 a.m. – 6 a.m. It is better to wake up earlier than go to bed late if you can’t get in 8 hours.
- Exercise – breathe and movement keeps circulation moving and eliminates toxins from the body. Exercise also increases endorphins making you happier, calm, and focused. Everything from fast walking, yoga, playing a sport, running on a treadmill, using a elliptical machine, and even marching in place for 15 minutes five days a week is sufficient.
- Supplementation – the basics are critical for quality aging: multivitamin and mineral, extra vitamin C & E, fish oil, a superfood green powder such as Nanogreens, extra vitamin D3 if there is a low amount in your multivitamin, and a free-form amino acid blend.
Top Inflammatory Food/Drinks
- Alcohol – particularly wine, beer, champagne, and sake because it is fermented and high in sugar. All alcohol is a neurotoxin.
- Sugar & Artificial Sweeteners – everything from evaporated cane juice to agave nectar will increase blood sugar levels and acidify and inflame your body. Artificial sweeteners are neurotoxins.
- Gluten – creates leaky gut and feeds candida. Be careful eating gluten-free products. Many are substituted with corn and potato which elevate blood sugar.
- Dairy – only organic grass-fed butter and ghee is acceptable. Yogurt is out because it is in a pasteurized dairy base that will feed candida. Better to get probiotics from a supplement and prebiotics such as green vegetables.
- Corn – 80% is genetically modified and increases blood sugar. Most genetically modified corn is fed to the livestock you eat; red meat, chicken, turkey, pigs, and even fish.
- Soy – 90% is genetically modified and can aggravate thyroid function, particularly if using soy protein isolates found in protein bars, powders, etc.
- Excess Caffeine – drinking more than one or two cups of organic espresso/coffee, black or green tea will put additional stress on your adrenal glands, ultimately making you more tired and increase blood sugar levels, which then feed candida and other microbes. Energy drinks such as Red Bull over excite the brain and should be avoided altogether.
Steps to Avoid Self-Sabotage
- All or Nothing Approach – I have been culprit to this thinking many times. Don’t try to be a perfectionist from the start. Take one action step a month and build on it. If you are not doing my 90-day program stick to the 80/20 rule listed below.
- Stop and Pause – before eating something that is not good for you ask yourself, “Do I really want to eat this slice of pizza?,” “How will I feel afterwards?,” “Do I really want to eat it knowing that I can have pizza whenever I want?” Many times if you slow down the impulse to eat whatever you want and talk to yourself, you typically end up making the better choice.
- Shift your Perception – switch your focus to knowing you are removing inflammation and infection vs. deprivation when you pass up eating donuts, cake, pizza, soda, etc. The more you make healthier choices the better you feel, and then it becomes easier and easier to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Blowing It – when you indulge in eating foods that aren’t good for you don’t beat yourself up, just get back on track. Tenacity pays off.
Clean Diet (80/20 Rule)
Living in a world filled with toxins in our food, air, and water it is essential to create a new balance point. We don’t live four decades ago when the toxic load was lower and you could get away with more. You certainly can eat what you want but the less conscious you are the more likely you won’t age with quality. And with statistics of 1 out of 6 people having Alzheimer over 60 in the US there is no wasting time. I suggest the 80/20 rule. 80% of your week eat healthy; lots of organic vegetables (50-60% of your diet), particularly dark leafy greens, grass-fed lean animal protein, good fats (nuts/seeds, avocado, olive and coconut oil), small amounts of organic fruit, gluten-free whole grains (omit corn), and small amounts of organic soaked beans/legumes. 20% or once or twice a week splurge on your favorite comfort food or drink unless you are dealing with a serious chronic disease such as cancer or autoimmune.
Time to revisit candida and what that means to you. Most everyone reading this email has candida overgrowth, whether it is a mild, moderate, or severe case. Why? Because of the greater exposure to chemicals in food, air, and water; poor quality food supply and intake; overuse of pharmaceutical drugs; and stress levels being higher than ever before.
WHAT IS CANDIDA? Candida (yeast) is a ubiquitous single-celled organism that lives in everyone’s body and primarily resides in the gastrointestinal tract. It stays balanced until we take pharmaceutical drugs (antibiotics, steroids, birth control pills, HRT, chemotherapy, radiation, vaccinations) and are exposed to heavy metals (lead, mercury (amalgam fillings), cadmium), all of which wipe out good bacteria and allow yeast to multiply.
The repeated intake of sugar in the form of alcohol (especially wine and beer), desserts/chocolate, gluten (breads, pastas, pastries), and dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt) continue to feed yeast over a lifetime. Eventually the yeast turns into a root fungal form and pokes holes in the intestinal lining known as leaky gut. The toxins that come off of fungus (mycotoxins) disrupt cellular communication in the body and attack organs and tissues.
Some people will experience symptoms immediately after finishing a dose of antibiotics, and some people will wonder why all of a sudden they are experiencing symptoms that came out of the blue, but really started many years earlier. It comes down to when your body has reached its tipping point.
Watch My Latest Videos on ihealthtube.com to Understand More:
Mild Symptoms Of Candida Overgrowth:
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Ear infections
- Dry skin
- Brain fog
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Exhaustion/adrenal fatigue
- Urinary tract infections
- Food allergies
- Toe nail fungus
- Prostate issues
- Poor memory
- Epstein Barr Virus
- Mitral valve prolapse
Severe Conditions Connected With Fungus:
- Autoimmune disease (MS, Lupus, Scleroderma, Rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s, Myasthenia Gravis, Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Chronic conditions
- Mental Illness
How Can I Get Rid of Candida Overgrowth?
Do my 90-day program that you can read about in The Candida Cure. My program will help with so much more than just getting rid of pathogens (yeast, viruses, bacteria, and parasites). It will get to the root of what is ailing you by removing inflammation and infection from your body.
Note that the ABX and Apex supplements listed in the book are also available under the products page: AbX Supplements.
What Will Improve?
- More energy
- Relief from hypoglycemia and stable blood sugar
- Clearer sinuses, better smelling breath
- Weight loss
- Clear thinking, able to focus, and sharper mind
- Glowing, clear skin
- Less anxiety and depression
- Symptom relief from whatever you are personally dealing with
90 days might seem like a long time, but I can confidently say most of you will feel 60% better in 30 days, which will give you the continued tenacity to keep going. Think in
30-day increments, and switch your mindset from deprivation to, I am removing inflammation and infection.
Bottom line – you are worth it and deserve to age with quality!
Summer time is here and hopefully many of you will be vacationing. Here are some great tips to make sure your vacation is a success from start to finish because there’s nothing worse than traveling and getting sick during or upon return.
Common Reasons Why People Get Sick When Traveling:
- Exposure to germs in an airplane
- Drinking contaminated water or ice
- Eating foreign street vendor food
- Overindulging in sweets, alcohol, breads, cheeses, etc.
- Not drinking enough purified water
- Lack of sleep
Checklist of What to Bring on Your Vacation:
- Probiotics – good bacteria to strengthen your immune system and help with daily elimination. Primal Defense Ultra by Garden of Life or Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics 12 plus one pill when arising and bedtime without food.
- Colloidal silver – one of the best antibacterial and antiviral remedies to have on hand, not just when traveling. Invision Silver 100 is one of my favorite brands that you can purchase on silver100.com or amazon.com. Put 3-5 drops under your tongue before boarding a plane, and each morning and night while vacationing. If you actually do get sick take recommended dose on bottle 4-5 times a day until you
feel better. Can also be used topically on any cuts or scrapes.
- Neosporin First Aid Ointment – put a little Neosporin ointment (antibacterial) around the edge of each nostril before flying in an airplane…learned that tip from a flight attendant.
- Digestive Enzymes – if you plan on eating a lot of foods that you don’t normally eat or if you have a hard time digesting foods in general, take a digestive enzyme with each meal. Super Digestaway by Solaray on amazon.com or vitacost.com is a good enzyme.
- Activated Charcoal Capsules – if you do get food poisoning take 1 to 2 capsules each day until you feel better. Any brand on vitacost.com or from your local health food store will do. Also drink a lot of water.
Moderation versus excess with regard to your diet. Vacations are times to enjoy food and drink but that doesn’t mean that each day you need to eat Gelato, pastries, bread, cheese, and alcohol :))
The Next Epidemic is Here!
Your Best New Year’s Resolution:
Balance Your Blood Sugar
- 25.8 million children and adults in the U.S. (8.3%) have diabetes
- 79 million have prediabtes (1 out of 3 Americans)
Diabetes is a condition of having high blood sugar or hyperglycemia. Typical signs of diabetes are frequent urination, excessive thirst, and increased appetite. Everyone needs to pay attention to their lifestyle habits and their diet in order to make sure blood sugar levels are normal. Having low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) does not negate the risk of having diabetes.
Types of Diabetes
- Type 1 – the body does not produce insulin.
- Type 1.5 – latent autoimmune diabetes with the presence of auto-antibodies in the blood and adult onset.
- Type 2 – known as non-insulin-dependent, either the body does not produce enough insulin or the body’s cells cannot absorb and utilize the insulin (insulin resistance). Type 2 diabetes is the most common.
- Type 3 – known as brain diabetes; protein plaque resulting from elevated blood sugar in the brain resulting in memory loss, Alzheimer, and dementia.
- Gestational diabetes – occurs during pregnancy and usually returns to normal after delivery.
How to Determine if you are Diabetic or Prediabetic:
The Hemoglobin A1c test (blood test)
– at least 6.5% means diabetes
– between 5.7% and 5.99% means prediabetes
– less than 5.7% means normal
FPG (fasting plasma glucose) test
– at least 126 mg/dl means diabetes
– between 100 mg/dl and 125.99 mg/dl means prediabetes
– less than 100 mg/dl means normal
OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test)
– at least 200 mg/dl means diabetes
– between 140 and 199.9 mg/dl means prediabetes
– less than 140 mg/dl means normal
Causes of Diabetes
- Eating too many carbohydrates (breads, pastas, crackers), fast food, sugary foods and beverages, especially those with high fructose corn syrup
- Eating too many calories per day
- Eating too little vegetables, fiber, and protein
- Skipping meals
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Environmental toxins
- Microbes such as viruses and yeast
Symptoms and Complications of Diabetes:
- Weight gain around the waistline
- Diabetic neuropathy – nerve damage to arms, legs, and other parts of the body creating numbness, tingling, burning or sharp sensations
- Candidiasis (yeast overgrowth)
- Frozen shoulder and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Vision problems – blurry vision, double vision, glaucoma, cataracts, and blindness
- Foot problems – hammertoes, bunions, claw-foot, corns
- High blood pressure and heart problems
- Kidney disease
- Diabetic stiff hand syndrome or limited mobility in the hands
- Edema – fluid retention
- Skin tags
- Hair loss
- Fatigue, confusion, memory loss
- Infections – slow healing of wounds, urinary tract infection, periodontal infections
- Hearing loss
- Erectile dysfunction
What Can I Do?
- Omit fast food, refined carbohydrates, gluten, fruit juices and soda, alcohol, sugary snacks, and desserts from your diet.
- Eat a diet high in vegetables (60%), protein (20%), gluten-free grains (15% or not at all until sugar levels are balanced), nuts/fruit/beans (5%, stay off all juices except fresh green vegetable).
- Eat three smaller meals a day and snack in between.
- Do my 90 day program as set forth in my book “The Candida Cure.”
- Exercise at least 4 times a week – walking is a great place to start; you don’t need a gym membership.
- Supplements such as Glysen and Protoglysen from Apex Energetics or Blood Sugar Support by Vitacost help with insulin resistance and high blood sugar. (To purchase Apex products, call 800-736-4381 and set up a patient account using code P2017. Glysen and Protoglysen are best taken together if you already have diabetes. Glysen is good for prediabetics and insulin resistance. Gluco abX is good for those with hypoglycemia.)
- Take probiotics, vitamin E, vitamin C, multi vitamin/mineral without iron, and fish oil.
- Take 1 tbsp. of ground flaxseed meal and put into 10 ounces of water, or into a smoothie, or sprinkle onto food.
The USA’s National Diabetes Fact Sheet from January 2011
Well Being Journal, Diabetes: A Silent Epidemic Revealed, CJ Puotinen, Jan/Feb. 2013, Vol. 22 No. 1
Medical News Today.com
What Is Leaky Gut And Why Is it On the Rise?
Leaky gut is a condition where the intestinal lining of the gastrointestinal tract becomes more permeable allowing undigested food particles, microbes (candida, parasites, bacteria, viruses), chemicals, and other inflammatory agents to enter the bloodstream. Leaky gut contributes to many symptoms and conditions: allergies, food sensitivities, fatigue, headaches, skin conditions, autoimmune diseases, anxiety/depression, Alzheimer’s, and cancer.
Why Is Leaky Gut On The Rise?
Because of the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Genetically modified foods are one of the main culprits to causing leaky gut and continue to dominate our food supply. Take a look at the 10 list of GM foods, specifically animal feed. Livestock and fish being at the top of the list means it is virtually impossible to avoid eating GMOs.
The top 10 GMOs are:
- Animal Feed
- Oils (cottonseed and canola)
- Sugar Beets
Research is becoming quite clear that GMOs, which are laden with herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides are disrupting our DNA. Everything from leaky gut, infertility and sterility in female and males, to autoimmune diseases and cancer are increasing at alarming rates.
Even though 50 countries around the world require genetically modified foods to be labeled, the United States still refuses mandatory labeling for GMOs. The companies who manufacture the chemicals and genetically modified seeds stand to lose profits if GMO labeling is required and are spending millions of dollars to defeat GMO initiatives or to keep them off the ballot altogether.
What is the US government response? At a world Codex (a collection of internationally recognized standards, codes of practice, guidelines and other recommendations relating to foods, food production and food safety) meeting the FDA argued that “the average consumer was too ignorant to recognize the difference between a GMO labeled food and a non GMO labeled food and that they would make the wrong choice.” Scott Tips, J.D. (GMO Ticking Time Bomb, documentary)
Genetically Modified Foods to Help with Overpopulation
Genetically modified were crops were developed to yield more crops and increase profits for farmers, especially those in Third World nations. The opposite is happening. In India, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide because they can not sustain the costs of maintaining their genetically modified crops, which have also been modified to yield only one crop per seed.
WHAT CAN I DO?
The way you can make a change is to educate yourself, your family, and your friends about what is really happening to our food supply, crops, and livestock feeding. It is through education, social networking, and voting that we can make a difference. If we can start a revolution through Facebook and Twitter we can demand better farming practices and the use of organic organic seeds and crops.
This November in the state of California you will have the opportunity to vote on Prop. 37 which requires mandatory labeling of GM foods.
Please vote to pass Prop. 37 this November if you live in California!
There are two great documentaries I highly recommend to educate yourself, your family and friends about the danger of GMOs. One is about 15 minutes, the other is 85 minutes.
- Gary Null’s “GMO Ticking Time Bomb” – click here to watch: http://www.naturalnews.com/037438_GMO_time_bomb_Gary_Null.html
- Jeffrey Smith’s documentary “Genetic Roulette” Click here to purchase and watch: http://geneticroulettemovie.com
IN THE NEWS
MS DRUGS DO NOT SLOW DOWN THE DISEASE
A new study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association came out July 18, 2012 saying how disease-modifying drugs (Avonex, Betaseron, Extavia, Rebif) do not slow down the progression of MS. “Treatment with beta interferon was not associated with a delay in progression to disability,” says researcher Helen Tremlett, PhD, of the University of British Columbia. These drugs have supposedly been the game-changers for those with relapsing-remitting MS.
As many as 2.5 million people worldwide and 350,000 people in the U.S. have multiple sclerosis, a progressive disease of the central nervous system that leaves most patients functionally disabled within a decade or two of diagnosis.
The newly published study included 868 patients with relapsing-remitting MS followed for an average of five years during treatment with an interferon beta drug.
These patients were compared to a similar-sized group of untreated patients followed for an average of four years.
To read the full article go to:
Shirani, A. Journal of the American Medical Association, July 18, 2012.
Helen Tremlett, PhD, Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver.
Timothy Coetzee, PhD, chief research officer, National MS Society.
Biogen Idec Inc. statement, July 16, 2012.
News release, JAMA Media.
National MS Society: “Italian Researchers Find that MS Disease-Modifying Therapies Reduce the Risk of Future MS Progression.”
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.