How pharmaceutical companies are cashing in on you
when there is an easy fix
- Pain and discomfort in the upper abdomen
- Burning up your esophagus
- Fullness in the stomach
- Nausea after eating
- Chest pain
GERD is one of the most common complaints today and it is a sure bet that you are taking one of the top selling medications, Tagament, Pepcid, Zantac, Prilosec, Prevacid, Nexium or Protonix to shut down stomach acid production.
Unfortunately these medications are causing you more harm than good.
The medications listed above reduce the amount of HCl (hydrochloric acid) in your stomach, which is your body’s first immunological barrier to protect you gastrointestinal tract (GI), thereby leaving you more vulnerable to infections such as candida, parasites, and bacteria. Also the longer you take these medications you increase your risk of stomach cancer. The only time the medications would have a short-lived use is if someone actually had an ulcer. In these cases stomach acid causes damage to the stomach lining and the medication would help offset this damage. See below for natural remedies.
For 90% of you the reason you are having heartburn is because you are lacking HCl, which the stomach normally produces but can diminish with aging, poor diet, and genetics. When lacking, you are not able to fully break down your proteins and they putrefy. Your undigested proteins are the cause your heartburn and other symptoms. Yes this is the opposite of what you have been told. You actually need more HCl versus taking a drug to stop the production of it.
An easy test you can do at home to see if you need more HCl. Put 1 tablespoon of raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar into 8 ounces of water and drink right before eating a meal and notice if your symptoms are worse or better. If symptoms abate then you need a digestive enzyme with HCl and pepsin. If symptoms are worse then you need to check to make sure you don’t have an ulcer or Helicobacter pylori, a bacteria that can inhabit various areas of the stomach and duodenum. It causes a chronic low-level inflammation of the stomach lining and is strongly linked to the development of duodenal and gastric ulcers and stomach cancer. Over 80% of individuals infected with the bacterium are asymptomatic.
Suggestions to Rid Acid Reflux:
- Instead of eating large meals, eat small meals more frequently
- Take a digestive enzyme as you begin your meal that has HCl and pepsin. Solaray HCl with Pepsin is a good brand on vitacost.com
- Avoid caffeine-containing foods and beverages (coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate)
- Avoid foods that decrease lower esophageal sphincter (LES) pressure (peppermint, fatty or fried foods, alcohol)
- Avoid acidic foods that may irritate the esophagus (spicy foods, citrus fruits and juices, tomatoes, tomato sauce)
Natural Acid Reflux/Heartburn Remedies for Times of Acute Flare Ups:
- DGL Chewable tablets – deglycyrrhized licorice heals the lining of the stomach and esophagus
- 1/2 tsp of alumumium-free baking soda in 8 oz of water – mix well
Suggestions for Ulcers:
- 1/2 head of organic green cabbage – put through a juicer. Do this 2x/day on empty stomach for 3 days
- Glutagenics by Metagenics – 1 tsp 3x/day in 8 ounces of water on empty stomach
Suggestions for H. Pylori Infection:
- H. Pylori Infection – Gastro ULC (K29)- 2 capsules 3x/day with food along with H-PLR (K32) – 2 capsules 3x/day with food. Order both products from Apex Energetics. Call 800-736-4381 and set up account using P2017. Do this regime for 2 months.
Looking for a healthy treat that won’t feed candida. See below.
Mix in a blender
81 children have died so far from the Swine Flu shot. See more on Dr. Russell Blaylock’s website: http://www.russellblaylockmd.com/